One of the distinguishing features of Pilates over other forms of exercise is that anyone can do it. No matter how severe an injury or medical condition a person might have, with a little more care and attention there is always a way that Pilates can help.
If you are new to Pilates or you’ve been unwell, have an injury or a chronic complaint, you will probably benefit from attending my Tuesday morning online Pilates class (1000 to 1100). In this session I provide lots more adaptations to the exercises as well as alternatives to ensure everyone can practise Pilates safely and at their own level.
Who would benefit from attending the Tuesday morning Pilates class
- Anyone recovering from illness.
- Anyone who is recovering from giving birth and has been cleared by their health professional to resume exercising.
- Anyone with an injury that has sufficiently recovered to be able to exercise pain-free.
- Anyone prone to injury in a certain area.
- Anyone who has had surgery and been cleared to start exercising again.
- Anyone with the following types of medical condition:
- osteoporosis or osteopenia,
- multiple sclerosis,
- Parkinson’s Disease,
- chronic back pain,
- chronic fatigue syndrome.
- A beginner who would prefer a less demanding class to help them master the basics of the Pilates Method.
- Anyone who finds kneeling or table top position on all fours too uncomfortable.
- Anyone who has difficulty getting up and down from the floor and finds changing positions while on the mat takes a bit more time.
- Anyone who finds the other Pilates classes on the timetable a little too strenuous or challenging.
What to expect from the rehabilitative Pilates class
- A slightly less physically demanding session because we don’t do the advanced level exercises from the Pilates repertoire.
- More adaptations to exercises on offer.
- More alternative exercises provided.
- Greater focus on core stability and alignment.
- More emphasis on co-ordination and balance.
- Slightly less load-bearing.
Due to the health emergency in the UK, all my classes are currently being taught online via Zoom. To book a place on the Tuesday morning Pilates session at 1000, please visit the book a class page of my website and follow the three easy steps to join the class.
If you have any questions about rehabilitative Pilates and whether the Tuesday morning class is right for you, please get in touch.