When the UK isn’t in lockdown due to a health emergency, Melissa teaches group Pilates sessions:
- at The Wellbeing Studio in Clevedon
- for small groups of friends, either at the client’s home or at The Wellbeing Studio
- in-house for the employees of businesses based in Clevedon, Bristol and surrounding areas
- for members of health clubs based in Clevedon, Bristol and surrounding areas
Four types of group Pilates class are available:
- general drop-in sessions for participants of all abilities
- classes tailored specifically for beginners/improvers or intermediate/advanced level participants
- rehabilitative classes aimed at those recovering from injury or trying to manage a chronic physical issue in their body, e.g. arthritis, osteoporosis/osteopenia
- classes aimed at targeted groups of participants with specific needs, e.g. cyclists, post-natal women, people with lower back problems
Classes can last for 45 or 90 minutes, but more usually one hour.
Class sizes range from 2 to around 20 participants.
Melissa also teaches Piloga, which is a mix of Pilates and Yoga. Using the Pilates approach to breathing along with the pelvic floor engagement, the class combines the best of both disciplines to create a workout that is low impact and focussed on core stability and controlled, flowing movements.