This month I was hoping to add a morning and an early evening Pilates class in a studio to the existing timetable. However with the Covid-19 infection rate rising considerably again to the level we had in mid-May, I think it is best to continue with just the online classes for the time being. Fingers crossed the “rule of six” that came into force today will quickly bring the R number back to below one. Assuming it does, in October we will try a tentative return to a studio environment.
To give you plenty of notice, when we do resume studio-based classes I’ll be asking you to bring your own mat and blocks. This is for hygiene reasons bearing in mind the new Covid world we’re now living in. By using your own equipment you will know that only you have had close contact with it. You can also clean everything thoroughly before you come to class and afterwards at home, reducing the time we’ll be in contact with each other in one room.
Here is a suggested list of kit you might want to invest in if you plan to continue Pilates with me going forward. Follow the links to some suggested places where you can buy the items new online…
- a 10mm thick Pilates mat
- a small (9″ suits most people) Pilates ball
- a 2.5cm head block and a 5cm head block
- a 90cm foam roller
Alternatively, I have a limited stock of pre-loved, deep-cleaned mats, blocks, small Pilates balls and foam rollers for sale, which I will happily deliver free and very quickly to your home if you live in Clevedon or the surrounding area.
Here is my price list:
- thick Pilates mat (blue, green, purple) – £15 SOLD OUT
- 9″ red Pilates ball (which suits most people) – £3 SOLD OUT
- 7″ blue Pilates ball (best suited for children and small women dress size 6) – £2 SOLD OUT
- I have one brand new, still in the packet 7″ blue ball available – £3 SOLD OUT
- 2.5 cm blue head block (the thin one we tend to rest the forehead on) – £4 SOLD OUT
- 5cm purple head block (the thick one we use to sit on and rest the head on lying on our side) – £4 SOLD OUT
- foam roller – £15 SOLD OUT
Please contact me if you’re interested in purchasing any of the above so I can arrange with you a method of payment and a delivery time to suit you.
Finally, to help you improve and get the most from your Pilates practice, the online Pilates timetable is growing in two ways:
- I’m adding a new online class on Mondays at 1800 from 21st September. This is a small equipment Pilates session dedicated to working exclusively with the foam roller and small ball. Full details on this page of my website.
- I’m now offering online one-to-one Pilates consultations. Full details on this page of my website.
To close, Billie…